CMD is involved within the whole upstream process, from the ore preparation to the blast furnace. CMD offers complete transmissions solutions for the machines which are at the very heart of the process, such as:
– rotating tubes: mills (coal, iron ore, lime…), kilns , dryers, drums, mixers – complete drives systems incorporating our Ermaster® standard helical gear reducer
– sinter machines: sprocket wheel drive, sinter breaker drive – Bogiflex®, Haflex® or our standard ERsun® planetary gear reducer
– torpedo cars: ladle tilting using our Bogiflex® reducer.
CMD has developed proven specific drives for the tilting of converters (LD, AOD etc…): large dimension gear sets, Haflex®, Bogiflex® and ERsun® gear reducer
For the continuous casting process, our Durand® worm gear reducers and our gear couplings ( Flexident Z® range) are perfectly adapted to the harsh working conditions.
CMD, with the support of its engineering office and thanks to its manufacturing sites equipped with very large size modern CNC machines, is able to offer customized drive systems components for all types of rolling mills:
– large size Flexident® gear couplings and spindles
– gear reducers up to 200 tons and beyond, as well as gear sets
– pinion stands
– Durand® worm gearboxes for screw down and reheating furnace loader/unloader.